1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 3, 2008 7:09 AM by Newsgroup_User

Screen Grab UIComponent that is partly off screen

flashharry! Level 1
      Sorry for title hard to state what I was wanting in a few lines.

I have a few apps that report back charts and datagrids. I have a function that I can pass in a UIComponent and it gives me back BitMap data. I then encoded this too jpg or png using JPGEncoder/PNGEncoder. I send the image to a php script on the server, that just spits it back to the client as a download. This enables the users to capture elements of the flex app to use in reports of there own. This all works great bar one issue.

It only grabs what is visible on screen, not an issue with charts, but when I capture datagrids I only get the visiual portion. I would like to grab the whole grid sans scroll bar. Code below.
      Thanks in advanced
        • 1. Re: Screen Grab UIComponent that is partly off screen
          Level 7

"flashharry!" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gc4uv0$958$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Sorry for title hard to state what I was wanting in a few lines.
          >
          > I have a few apps that report back charts and datagrids. I have a function
          > that I can pass in a UIComponent and it gives me back BitMap data. I then
          > encoded this too jpg or png using JPGEncoder/PNGEncoder. I send the image
          > to a
          > php script on the server, that just spits it back to the client as a
          > download.
          > This enables the users to capture elements of the flex app to use in
          > reports of
          > there own. This all works great bar one issue.

You may find that you can persuade the PrintDataGrid to help you.

HTH;

Amy