• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

enlarging a drawing or photo

New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whenever i enlarge or reduce my drawing using my thumb and index finger, it puts marks on my drawing! how do i enlarge or reduce without "sketch" thinking that I am trying to draw??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

PMollica.

What version of iOS are you using on that device? Is it 9.3.5? The newer versions of iOS have some touch settings in Settings > General > Accessibility but I'm not sure about the older versions of iOS. But see if you see any sort of settings there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PMollica.

I have trouble with this too. A couple of things that might help.

When you're zooming in or out, make sure to deliberately press-and-hold on the canvas THEN pinch or spread. I find that I usually make marks when I'm not clearly distinguishing between a "stroke" and a "zoom."

Also, by any chance are you on an iPad Pro using Apple Pencil? Because there are Apple Pencil Settings in the app now that enable settings to ignore fingers except for gestures.

Let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

thanks for your feedback. i'll try pressing deliberately on the canvas before pinching or spreading. I'm not using an apple pencil with the ipad pro - altho everything i've seen and read suggests that is the ultimate experience for precision and control. i'm using an old Ipad2 with a Bamboo solo stylus. Not crazy about the stylus - i have to press much harder than i normally would press a traditional pencil or paintbrush. Looking to see if there is a setting that allows a lighter touch. thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PMollica.

What version of iOS are you using on that device? Is it 9.3.5? The newer versions of iOS have some touch settings in Settings > General > Accessibility but I'm not sure about the older versions of iOS. But see if you see any sort of settings there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi sue - yes, 9.3.5.... doesn't appear to be much there under the accessability settings, but thanks, it was worth a try! one of these days i'll have to break down and get a newer ipad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PMollica.

Try being super deliberate (when zooming) with your press-hold then pinch or spread. It works really well for me.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines