8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2018 2:57 AM by treborau

Photoshop crashes when trying to print

michaelb57438112

Hi Everyone,

At the moment, our whole company is having issues with printing with photoshop.

Whenever we try to print Photoshop would crash. There's nothing wrong with the printers as other softwares are running fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The version we run is adobe creative cloud 2017. Here's the error log.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Photoshop.exe

Application Version: 13.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 4f61c045

Fault Module Name: StackHash_109c

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.19160

Fault Module Timestamp: 56bcd74c

Exception Code: c0000374

Exception Offset: 00000000000c0aa2

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: 109c

Additional Information 2: 109cb35f358149606d39f1e1392af2bd

Additional Information 3: 8517

Additional Information 4: 851752bdfd8dd579326d1323bd95860b

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

• 1. Re: Photoshop crashes when trying to print
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

There's nothing wrong with the printers as other softwares are running fine.

But then again, PS is not "other software", is it not? Since you haven't offered any information about the actual printer and print settings, nobody really can tell you much. the mere mention of "whole company" implies that this is some network printer and that alone reeks of complication. You have to be much more specific.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Photoshop crashes when trying to print
            michaelb57438112 Level 1

Thanks for replying mylenium!!

What I meant by other software is that illustrator and also indesigns software are printing fine. The printer themselves is ran via a print server with kyocera TASKalfa 5052ci installed.

The issue is that when we do CTRL + P it crashes immediately as well as going to file print.

Any help is much appreciated. 

• 3. Re: Photoshop crashes when trying to print
              mrehmus2

I have the same problem. Some Photoshop files, saved in the same session as others that do print, crash when I ask it to print.

• 4. Re: Photoshop crashes when trying to print
                havanna63 Level 1

I have the same problem since the last update for photoshop. It is crashing before the printing dialog.

Every other application like Microsoft Word, haven't this problem.

• 5. Re: Photoshop crashes when trying to print
                  павелд52797632

I have the same problem.

When I open old (1 year ago) project, after ctrl+P Photoshop crashes.

After this I create new document, move all layers from old project to new, and after this ctrl+P works.

I think problem is that Photoshop save print settings in project, and if something change from last time, printer or something else, photoshop crashes.

I have this problem for 2 years with old projects, and I try maaany different ways to solve it. After last Photoshop update I though that problem solved, because after printing old project Photoshop show dialog that say something like "You try to print with old print settings, renew?". But after 1 week Photoshop start to crash every time.

I have Epson L800 and L805 via USB. Windows 8.1 x64. All drivers is up-to-date.

I hope Photoshop's team read this forum, and they will find way to solve this problem.

• 6. Re: Photoshop crashes when trying to print
                    matthewbharvest

Not sure if any of you still have this problem but if so, or others find this thread as I did... here is what I did to solve my CTRL+P crash:

You must delete the preference file called "Adobe Photoshop CS6 Prefs.psp" or "Adobe Photoshop X64 CS6 Prefs.psp" if using the 64-bit version.

Windows

The preference file will be found at

• Windows XP:

%windir%\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Adobe\PhotoshopCS6\Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings\Adobe Photoshop CS6 Prefs.psp

• Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8:

Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings\Adobe Photoshop [X64] CS6 Prefs.psp

MacintoshThe preference file will be found at

• MacOS:

/Users/[Username]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings/Adobe Photoshop CS6 Prefs.psp

Notes

[Username] - Your username

[X64] - If you are using the 64-bit version

source: Photoshop cs6 crashes when print is selected : Northcote College :: IT Support

• 7. Re: Photoshop crashes when trying to print
                      galgaz Level 1

I had the same problem on my Mac. I had only one printer set up in System Preferences/Printers & Scanners. As soon as I added another printer, even a bogus one, the crashing stopped. When I deleted the second printer, the crashing resumed.

• 8. Re: Photoshop crashes when trying to print
                        treborau

Galgaz..

you are a champ Thanks.