• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subscription cost increasing AGAIN

Explorer ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this may seem petty to some, but to me it's upsetting. I've always enjoyed using adobe products for 10+ years and was rapt when they began the subscription service. It meant that their products were now streamlined and affordable.

Now though, they've increased their subscription price twice in as many years I doubt I am going to be able to continue with it. I have periods where I work and periods where I don't, and to keep having to deal with the increase in prices when what made it all so attractive in the first place was the competitive monthly cost is making it more difficult to justify.

This is a shame, it's upset me. I really don't know if I can afford $73 per month, it stings when I think i started off paying much less than that.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 131 Replies 131
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, Adobe really knows how to treat their subscription customers outside of the US with contempt, and have discovered a nice way of
price gouging.

How do I know I am right?

Answer me this Adobe: When the exchange rate improves in Australia’s (and other countries' favour, will Adobe lower the subscription price to match, in line with the policy Abobe has just emailed out?

Anyone else recommend photo-editing software that doesn't price gouge their customers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and I will be starting my FB campaign today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't speak to the exchange rates.  That's something you & I and other fellow product users have no control over.

If you can't afford Photoshop on the Photography Plan (the best deal offered, IMO), then you can buy a single app license to Lightroom 6 and Photoshop Elements 15.  No Creative Cloud subscription required.

Download and install Lightroom 6 (Single App license)

Another option is to download freeware like Gimp.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the entire CC for my workflow, I don't even know if there's suitable alternatives out there For what I do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They suck at caring for their loyal customers! Make sure you link me your Facebook campaign if you start one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.facebook.com/AdobeExperienceCloud/posts_to_page/

<https://www.facebook.com/AdobeExperienceCloud/posts_to_page/>

Adobe Experience Cloud<https://www.facebook.com/AdobeExperienceCloud/posts_to_page/>

www.facebook.com

Adobe Experience Cloud. 165,954 likes · 2,800 talking about this. Adobe Experience Cloud helps marketers create great digital experiences. Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/AdobeExpCloud

Just posted on their page, and my own.

Cut and paste to your own FB page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are options: Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo each have a flat fee of $50.00.

Serif will let you test drive before you buy - you can determine if it works for your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. This is an unreasonable increase in price. They need to provide some actual justification for this.

I remember people warning a few years ago when they introduced subscriptions that there would be big price hikes in future and here they are ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree. My subscription has gone from $49AUD to $75.89 AUD since it started. There justification is a bunch of rubbish, exchange rates haven't moved anywhere near what they are saying, and as mentioned above it goes both ways! Completely unfair and unethical IMO. If only you could still by outright...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My fees increased 20% in 2016 and the latest price hike will be 22%.....I have just cancelled my account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's disgusting! I think will have to do the same unfortunately! Not that adobe will care too much, customer service isn't their forte, obviously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got this from Adobe Chat Live this evening:

Darren, as of now; we don't have an information regarding to lower the prices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wont put up with deceitful and unethical practices from any company, so bye bye Adobe subscription! And they charge me $35 extra for the privilege!

Adobe Creative Cloud Adobe

Cancellation confirmation

We've processed your cancellation request. Your service will end on 30-May-2017 (PT).

Will be buying Serif's Affinity program this weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't blame you. its becoming incredibly unaffordable very quickly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Erin+Hunt  wrote

I don't blame you. its becoming incredibly unaffordable very quickly

Not really helped by the fact the nearest competitor on Apple platform is $50 to buy outright.

I think Adobe have become a little detached from the reality of what production software now costs or maybe what people are willing to pay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and this whole record profit in 2016 thing...http://news.adobe.com/press-release/corporate/adobe-reports-record-revenue-1

Adobe Reports Record Revenue | Adobe Newsroom

Sounds like that surging US dollar is really hurting them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, you would think with record profit they would not need to engage in deceitful reasons for price increases.

No more money from me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just greed, really. Wonder if the record profit was due to their last price hike? I'm going to opt out of the subscription service.

can you still buy their software outright?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Erin+Hunt  wrote

can you still buy their software outright?

Nope. Otherwise I wouldn't be complaining.

Your only option if you want to own a full Adobe package is to go back to CS6.

I hung for as long as I could, but so many other people were sending me CC files to work on I had no choice but to upgrade to the subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This from Adobe chat support when I asked about going from A$14 to A$33 in December then now talking about upping it to A$45 in June...

------transcript -----

Nchumbemo: I have checked your account and see that you are paying standard amount for 4 month and 20 days instead of promo discounted rate because we revise the amount after every 1 year term contract to standard price.

Nchumbemo: Regarding the email I would like to inform you that due to increase in Foreign Exchange the price of Adobe plan and subscription have revise.

Andy Galaxy: 300% increase though?

Nchumbemo: I completely agree with you. however the decision is taken by the higher authority so we will have no idea at all.

Andy Galaxy: Back to your "promo discounted rate" ... was this a one off thing?

Nchumbemo: I see that lots of member are reaching us with this questions so probably our higher authority will work on this issue soon.

Nchumbemo: I understand your concern.

Nchumbemo: I am so sorry I am helpless.

Andy Galaxy: So there's essentially no Education discount any more?

Nchumbemo: I see that we will soon fix the price changes and working on it for the betterment of our member.

Nchumbemo: However, I can't assure you when.

Nchumbemo: Are we connected?

Andy Galaxy: Yep.Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a similar reply 18 months ago. Adobe are misleading their customers by not adjusting prices downwards when the currency improves.

What is also deceptive, is the lack of an email address to Adobe, I shouldn't have to go through hoops to contact them.

Luckily I have standalone versions of Lightroom and Photoshop, which I may reboot and cancel my subscription.

The more users complain, the more they will be forced to listen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they sell the stand alone suites anymore or is it all on sub?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow :-l

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines