• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF documents no opening in acrobat XI pro

New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe acrobat pro XI on my laptop. For some unexplained reason some PDF's will open just fine for full editing however others do not open and I only get the grey background with no document. I have changed nothing in my settings. This is a new laptop with the program installed recently however it was working just fine yesterday. I am at a loss as to why some documents will open and some won't. Can anyone help me as to where to start looking for the solution please

thanks

tony

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

more information - I just opened a PDF document and whilst it opened fine for reading there was a warning at the top which read

"This file claims compliance with the PDF/A standard and has been opened 'read only' to prevent modification"

When I select 'enable editing' the file disappears and I get the grey background only

Is this connected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tony,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Files you have been able to edit must have been text files. And the ones you are trying to edit could be scanned image files.

About the PDF/A is an archived file. It is As designed behaviour if you are editing such files will no longer be PDF/A compliant. 

Take a sample word file convert that to PDF and then try to edit it. If you are able to edit there is good possibility files you are not able to edit are scanned images. Edit scanned PDFs, Adobe Acrobat DC

Let us know if that helps any.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines