• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD wouldn't start?

New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have download the XD App via creative cloud.
And when I click open, it XD wouldn't start.

Is there anything I can do about it?
I need help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

This is because there is a limit of maximum 10 dump files in OS. Could you delete some files from that folder (C:\Users\<your_user>\AppData\Local\CrashDumps) and try again to launch XD?

Activating dumps will not solve the problem with XD not starting, but most likely the dump file will allow us to find out why it happens.

Thanks,

Mihai

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to uninstaller and install the app, but nothing happes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see anything on the screen when you launch XD? E.g. like an empty application frame that disappears after a few seconds?

Does XD exist in Windows applications list? (click Windows button and search for Adobe Experience Design CC)

What happens if you launch it directly from here?

Thanks,

Mihai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Yes anan empty application frame that disappears after a few seconds

- it is on my in Windows applications list

- How do you launch from browser?

Thanks for the replay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't run from browser, I was referring to the Windows application list.

Could you share the app crash dumps with us? If yes, follow the instructions below, upload one full crash dump file to a file sharing service send me a private message (PM) with the link to the file.

How to activate and get crash dumps:

- Verify if you have already have any crash dump files generated at C:\Users\<your_user>\AppData\Local\CrashDumps. They are named "Experience Design [...].dmp"?

- If not, you could follow instructions from Collecting User-Mode Dumps (Windows) to enable full dumps.

Basically you need to use regedit and go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps and ensure the keys below are set:

DumpFolder | REG_EXPAND_SZ |%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps

DumpCount  | REG_DWORD | 0xa

DumpType | REG_DWORD | 2

- After enabling the crash dumps, try to launch again XD.

A crash dump file is expected to be generated in C:\Users\<your_user>\AppData\Local\CrashDumps.

Thanks,

Mihai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find
DumpFolder, DumpCount , DumpType in local dumps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to add them with right click then New value (Expandable String for DumpFolder and DWORD for numeric values):

Thanks,

Mihai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done it like this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made the same files as in your screenshoot, but it still the same. the application bar is there for 1 sek and then gone again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A crash dump file is not generated in C:\Users\<your_user>\AppData\Local\CrashDumps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is because there is a limit of maximum 10 dump files in OS. Could you delete some files from that folder (C:\Users\<your_user>\AppData\Local\CrashDumps) and try again to launch XD?

Activating dumps will not solve the problem with XD not starting, but most likely the dump file will allow us to find out why it happens.

Thanks,

Mihai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no file in the CrashDumps after I tried to launch XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines