5 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2017 5:18 PM by Ussnorway

Transferring hosting and domain name from one muse site to another.

eugenedonegan Level 1

I've just finished building a website for a band and now i need to get the hosting details thats with their old site which i also built with Muse and transfer it to their new site. Can this be done without copying and pasting ?. There is still over six months left on their Business Catalyst hosting plan.

Eugene

• 1. Re: Transferring hosting and domain name from one muse site to another.
          fotoroeder Adobe Community Professional

I am not sure, if I got it right: You have built the old site with muse and the new site with muse. What do you want/need to copy and paste? Is there content on the old site which is not on the new site? Then you have to copy and paste this to your new site.

Uploading to the new server should not be a problem.

About hosting details somebody from Adobe should be included. Because the domain owner must be transferred to the new hosting platform.

Hope this helps

Uwe

• 2. Re: Transferring hosting and domain name from one muse site to another.
            Ussnorway Adobe Community Professional

now i need to get the hosting details thats with their old site which i also built with Muse and transfer it to their new site

There is still over six months left on their Business Catalyst hosting plan

on Adobe Business Catalyst you need the user name and password of the Adobe id used to pay for the site... if you have that and the old address i.e, whatever.businesscatalyst.com then yes you can just update the new site over the top of the old one.

• 4. Re: Transferring hosting and domain name from one muse site to another.
              eugenedonegan Level 1

Sorry Ussnorway, i'm still not sure how you go about it, when i go into the back end of the site i've just completed and go to launch site it's bringing me to a checkout to buy hosting. I need to transfer it to where the old site is or have hosting and name transferred to new site. I've tried the drop down menu as you've shown but it's not giving me an option to put www.pilgrimst.com in.

Eugene

• 5. Re: Transferring hosting and domain name from one muse site to another.
                Ussnorway Adobe Community Professional

ok thats a different question but you are on the right track.

• log in to the admin of the new site, look for domains and add the new domain as its basic name i.e, if I want nibbit.com then thats what I enter into the field, not http://nibbit.com or www.nibbit.com... they will get added but we just put the base name in.

Screenshot (1003).png

• you will get given a set of addresses to enter but don't do that yet unless the site is different to the old one i.e, if your other site is with Adobe in the US but this new one is Adobe in Australia then add them now but otherwise make a copy of them for later

Screenshot (1004).png

• log into the old sites admin domain area and remove the extra name... say yes that you want all extra entries gone.

Screenshot (1006).png

• now you need to goto your host server "the people you payed for the extra domain name" and enter the ipaddress... if you kept the same Adobe cms i.e, US to US then this step shouldn't need any changes.

the exact rules for name changing is different for each host server but they all work in the same basic way and below is a ref for some of the main systems.

ref = Redelegation - Pointing your domain to our name servers from a domain registrar

p.s, allow a week for google search to catch up (two weeks for wordpress) and double check the name is listed in your new site twice i.e, when I put my nibbit.com in and say ok I should see two listings, nibbit.com and www.nibbit.com gets added by auto... there is a known bug in Adobe BC that sometimes skipps this and you need to check it.