3 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2017 2:39 AM by Lilybiri

AlphaFromTo Effect in Fluid Boxes not Working

loxx9 Level 1

I'm running Captivate 2017 on Mac OS X 10.12.4.

I want to have a text caption fade in/out using the AlphaFromTo effect.

Here's the standard action I have attached to a button:

Show [object 1]

Apply Effect [object 1] AlphaFromTo [from 0% to 100%]

Hide [object 1]

Apply Effect [object 1] AlphaFromTo [from 100% to 0%]

It is a responsive course, and I have the content in a Fluid Box.

This works when previewing as a .SWF, but not when previewing as a responsive course.

I have not been able to test on an LMS.

I tried to find out if perhaps Alpha is not supported via responsive/HTML5, but couldn't find anything.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: AlphaFromTo Effect in Fluid Boxes not Working
          Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I am a bit puzzled:

• You talk about a responsive project, but also 'that works when previewing as SWF'? But a responsive project cannot be viewed as SWF, has only HTML5 output. In normal projects you don't have fluid boxes.
          • Why do you hide the object after having faded in? For a simple Fade in, Fade out, what is wrong with the normal Fade in/Fade out transitions from the Timing panel?
          • 2. Re: AlphaFromTo Effect in Fluid Boxes not Working
            loxx9 Level 1

Thanks for the response.

To clarify, I tested/previewed the fade in/out in both a responsive project and a normal project (.SWF) to see the differences.

Your right, I didn't need to use the Hide action on the object after it faded in. Thanks for pointing that out.

Regarding your second bullet, I didn't think you could use the fade in/out settings in the Timing panel in conjunction with an advanced action triggered by a button click. But I tried it, and got it to work. It's much easier than using the Alpha effects. Thanks for pointing out an easier way to do it!

• 3. Re: AlphaFromTo Effect in Fluid Boxes not Working
              Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Fade in/Fade out is a legacy property of an object, but it can be very useful!