• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FILE PRINTING WITH VERTICLE LINES

New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a photograph of a landscape with sky and water with cloud reflections in the water which I have retouched in photoshop. Every time I try to print the dark areas of the photo print with vertical lines going through(only) the darkest areas of the photograph. My heads on the Epson printer are clean. And I have printed other photos without this issue afterward. It only happens on this one photo.  I am printing on Epson premium glossy paper.

Any ideas on why this is happening and how to correct this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

A few questions:

Are the lines visible on screen at 100% view ? If they are then you need to fix your image.

If not :

Are the lines in the direction of the print head travel (i.e. across the page as it comes out of the printer?).
If so - ensure that you do not have bi-directional printing set in the driver. This will be in print quality settings and may be labelled "High Speed" .

Also run head cleaning and head alignment routines in your print driver maintenance/utility settings.

or

Are the lines in t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yaffa

Can you post the file for us to look at and maybe also a scan or photo of the print? That might help us to see the problem better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A few questions:

Are the lines visible on screen at 100% view ? If they are then you need to fix your image.

If not :

Are the lines in the direction of the print head travel (i.e. across the page as it comes out of the printer?).
If so - ensure that you do not have bi-directional printing set in the driver. This will be in print quality settings and may be labelled "High Speed" .

Also run head cleaning and head alignment routines in your print driver maintenance/utility settings.

or

Are the lines in the direction of paper travel (i.e. up and down the page as it comes out of the printer)? - If so check nothing is catching and rubbing the paper - e.g. stick print feed wheel.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines