5 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2017 2:55 PM by jeromiec83223024

Flash is launching cmd.exe. What is -skipARPEntry parameter?

zak-w

Hello,

I want to understand how this works. I would like to know why Flash would need to launch cmd.exe. I understand that it may be necessary but I would like a confirmation and a technical explanation as to why this is necessary.

This particular commandappears to delete a particular .exe process.  What does the >> NUL at he end of this command mean?

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" /c del "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Temp\{CF184F3E-3E25-4415-AFFA-938D7D8E08CD}\InstallFlashPla yer.exe" >> NUL

Just an additional example of what I see. Just want to know what the parameters are doing or what they mean. Obviously -uninstall is fairly self-explanatory but what of the others.

C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_24_0_0_186_ActiveX.exe -uninstall activex -msi

What's the difference in Plugin and ActiveX? These examples are also related to the command above.

"C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe" /c del "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_25_0_0_127_Plugin.exe" >> NUL

"C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe" /c del "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_25_0_0_127_ActiveX.exe" >> NUL

What is this doing? This is related to the first command listed above (note the same temp file path)

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Temp\{CF184F3E-3E25-4415-AFFA-938D7D8E08CD}\InstallFlashPlay er.exe" -install -skipARPEntry -iv 2 -au 4294967295

Please provide technical explanations if possible or a link to the proper documentation. Much appreciated.

Thanks for the help. If you need anything additional I will try my best to provide you with more information.