• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

affective way to figure out fonts within an image is tough...

Explorer ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all.  If or when ever tasked with figuring out what fonts are being used in an image, how do you go about the task?  I have a perfect example.  Say you wanted to figure out what fonts are used on an old t shirt!  It looks to me that there are a max of 5 fonts.  Maybe 3 and some are just scrunched versions... I've tried running it through 3 different 'upload your image and scan for fonts' web apps but they were close to useless.  Any help or a point in the right direction would be great!IMG_4322.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

search-font.png

*****************************************************************************************************************************

club3.png

*********************************************************************************************************

When searching a font, concentrate on special proprerties of one or two characters.

In the CLUB example it is the C, it is bent like a staple but with a relatively wide space between the "legs". Or the B: it's upper part is much shorter then the lower part and on the right side it is not rounded. All letters are very condensed.

This way you nearly always will at least find a similar font as a starting picture for the upload sites. But - I have to admit - success is not guaranteed. There are way too much fonts out there.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines