• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

specs for full hd/4k playout and full hd/4k streaming

May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Need to get a few new computers (streaming desktop, streaming laptop, playout laptop)

wondering about how to spec them out

What is the requirement for playing full HD to an LED wall for example?  and also what is needed to play 4K videos to LED wall.

And what is needed only for full HD streaming?

and for 4K streaming what specs on a system are needed?

thank you sooo much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this to the Hardware Forum where the hardware experts hang out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the only difference between playout and streaming would be the playout on your laptop would be that it requires a builtr-in 4K monitor, a streaming device device is connected  to drive your wall display and does not necessarily have its own high resolution display. 

Is that correct?  This "hardware" forum we really deal with the much, much more demanding problem of configuring editing computers  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Great, thank you.

For an HD playout we were looking for a system with i7 - 7th generation processor that turbos up to 3.5GHz at least, 16GB Ram, and full HD capale graphics card (possible Quadro M2200).

Is this enough for nicely playing HD videos onto LED wall?  Any other suggestions for this type of laptop?

And if we want to play 4K onto LED wall what kind of system specs do we need?

Then for full HD streaming we were looking at a CPU i7 - 7th Gen. turbo up to 3.9GHz (will stream with overlays), 32GB Ram and Quadro M2200 4GB GPU.

Would this be sufficient?

What kind of specs would we want for 4K streaming?

We have done some testing and found we need higher specifications than what was expected to achieve the streaming rates we wanted so I wanted anyone to share their experience of what specs for systems will do these things.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not know if any laptops are equipped with these new Pascal based Quadros , but they are a world difference You might check with one of the custom laptop builder like XoticPC.  Of course it is definitely easier to get a Pascal based GeForce GTX 10xx series.  Notice on the Quadro chart these new Pascal based mobile GPU's have twice the memory bandwidth and also a newer DisplayPort 1.4 specification which is also true of the GTX 10xx series

"DisplayPort 1.4 can support 8K UHD (7680×4320) at 60 Hz with 30 bit/px RGB color and HDR, or 4K UHD (3840×2160) at 120 Hz with 30 bit/px RGB color and HDR. 4K at 60 Hz with 30 bit/px RGB color and HDR"

What is your "wall" display input interface/specification?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines