• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't convert NEF files to DNG on disc version of LR6 nor upgrade it.

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a Nikon D3400 and the disc version of LR6. I downloaded the DNG Converter - didn't help. Downloaded the zip file for Camera Raw - no results.  My only option is to upgrade LR6 itself, but all I find is the "update" for LR CC. It seems that its having me install the entire LR CC program itself. I read where another disc user had a similar problem - Re: Can't upgrade my new LR6 disc - and it seems to stem from the confusion between CC and LR6.  I'm licensed for  = and paid for -  the disc & don't want to risk going to the subscription service (in retrospect maybe I should have in the first place..). It wasn't clear how it was resolved - only that the user finally found a rep who understood the problem & fixed it remotely.

How can I resolve this? Trying to keep from an hours long marathon customer service experience if at all possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys. Downloaded update and everything's converted to DNG!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DNG Converter version 9.7 or later will work

but if all you can tell us are the words "didn't help", it's hard for us to figure out what advice to give you. Let me take a wild guess ... you are trying to convert individual files with the DNG converter. That's not how it works ... you select a folder (not a file) with the DNG converter and then the DNG converter will convert all the files in that folder.

or you can download and install Lightroom 6.7 or later, as explained above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was trying to load my raw files from my card reader. The update took care

of everything. I was under the mistaken impression that I had to download

the entire program when it just turned out to be just the update patch.

Thanks again for everything. Now it's time for fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines