• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon 5dmiv Cr2 unable to import

New Here ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just recently purchased the Canon 5dmiv and am trying to import its cr2 files into Lightroom CC. However, when doing so, the "previews are unavailable" to view and when it is supposed finished importing, it will tell me that the "file type is not recognized by the raw format support in Lightroom".

I show that I have the most recent version of Lightroom CC (15.9) and considering that this camera has been on the market for more than 6 months, I'm at a loss why it cannot import these files. I can view all these views in Bridge CC no problem.

I'm running OSX El Capitan 10.11.6. I have tried to uninstall and re-install Lightroom CC to no avail.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go the Help->System Info and report to us the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom that is shown there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please see the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 10.00.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you do not have the most recent version, you have Lightroom CC 2015 (which is 2015.0), so you need to update to the current version which is 2015.10

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Considering I just signed up for Lightroom CC with the paid membership yesterday, wouldn't it give me the most up to date version?

When I go to Help>>Updates, it sends me to the creative cloud app, but there is no option to further update Lightroom. I've tried restarting (cmd+option+R) and trying to restart my computer, no change on the options as per the below screen shot.

Could you please advise?

Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 11.54.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ey15821672  wrote

Thank you. Considering I just signed up for Lightroom CC with the paid membership yesterday, wouldn't it give me the most up to date version?

Apparently not.

I have provided you with a link so you can manually update your Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines