Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC freezes when upgrading a catalog

Explorer ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I just got lightroom creative cloud yesterday.  I've been trying to use it, but when I try to open my old (lightroom 3) catalog, it tries to upgrade.  When it gets to "preparing new searchable data," it just gets stuck about half-way through.

I tried leaving it overnight last night, & it still didn't work.

I tried sitting at my computer for a few hours today, to babysit it, and that didn't work.

I tried restarting the computer.  That hasn't worked. 

When I try to cancel the upgrade, it just freezes & I have to force the program to quit. 

Some additional information:

*I'm using a PC (windows 10)

*My internet connection comes and goes.  Part of me wonders if it needs to be connected to the internet because of the Cloud?  Although, I've had it connected for a good hour now, and that hasn't seemed to help....

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

looks like it finally worked.  ...I had a couple external hard drives plugged in.  I unplugged them,and things went a little faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See here Lightroom 5 stuck in "Preparing new searchable data"  and here Re: Importing LR4 catalog into LR5 freezes at "preparing new searchable data point"  It appears that setting affinity to reduce cores used (if you have more than 2) can make a big difference.  If you don't have many images and your drive is fast and you're on a dual core, you're more likely to have another issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

looks like it finally worked.  ...I had a couple external hard drives plugged in.  I unplugged them,and things went a little faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines