3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2008 9:04 AM by noxqus

export Movie in Flash CS3

noxqus
      operation failed with unknown error, this is what I get when trying to export movie to quicktime. I did this same thing just last week with out a problem using the very same .fla . I made two changes to the .fla there is a year date that spins up, changed one number. There is a old clock that spins backwards I increase the opacity on it so it was more visible. Thats all. So I thought well maybe the setting were wrong I tried them all same error. I uninstalled flash and then reinstalled it, twice. I then got another problem which is when I close flash after the error it stops responding I have to use close now. I checked the details on that it list the quicktime module crashed which caused that. I have tried to save the export in differant names as the error kb suggest. I tried saving to differant drive. This is a CS3 Production suite, so when you reinstall it repairs the suite files also. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this. This has put me behind 2 days and counting on this project.
        • 1. Re: export Movie in Flash CS3
          Level 7
          noxqus wrote:
          > operation failed with unknown error, this is what I get when trying to export
          > movie to quicktime. I did this same thing just last week with out a problem
          > using the very same .fla . I made two changes to the .fla there is a year date
          > that spins up, changed one number. There is a old clock that spins backwards I
          > increase the opacity on it so it was more visible. Thats all. So I thought well
          > maybe the setting were wrong I tried them all same error. I uninstalled flash
          > and then reinstalled it, twice. I then got another problem which is when I
          > close flash after the error it stops responding I have to use close now. I
          > checked the details on that it list the quicktime module crashed which caused
          > that. I have tried to save the export in differant names as the error kb
          > suggest. I tried saving to differant drive. This is a CS3 Production suite, so
          > when you reinstall it repairs the suite files also. Anybody have any ideas on
          > how to fix this. This has put me behind 2 days and counting on this project.

QT export does not support Flash version beyond Flash 5 so if you want to export
          your movie using Publish Setting - Formats - QT MOV, you need to set export
          setting to Flash 5. It's a different thing than doing File - Export Movie.
          By using Publish Setting, Flash maintain its interaction (flash 5), like buttons
          and basic actions but this option has its limitations. It's basically a flash layer
          within QT file and because quick time does not support flash latest features, it won't
          allow export in higher version.

By using File - Export - Export Movie CTRL ALT SHIFT S, you export flash file into
          actual video file.

Best if you open the help file and search for "Exporting QuickTime", it has detail
          explanation in regard to that option, there should also be a link at the end of the read
          leading you to "related topic", using the Publish Setting export, which also gives
          detail explanation and features.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--
          "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: export Movie in Flash CS3
            noxqus Level 1
            Thanks for the input, I have used this feature several times and have not encountered this problem. I last night downloaded all the updates for the CS3 suite and tried the export again this morning with the same error. I haven't rebooted though let me try that to see if that makes a difference.
            • 3. Re: export Movie in Flash CS3
              noxqus Level 1
              Ok rebooted the system after updates were installed, same error. This internal error in flash does not record in event viewer. But now when you then go to close Flash you do get an error that does show up in viewer. This closing error only happens if you get the error from exporting. As you will see in the error it show the Quicktime module is the module at fault. Any ideas on how to correct the problem.

- <Event xmlns=" http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
              - <System>
              <Provider Name="Application Error" />
              <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
              <Level>2</Level>
              <Task>100</Task>
              <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
              <TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-10-07T15:34:29.000Z" />
              <EventRecordID>306993</EventRecordID>
              <Channel>Application</Channel>
              <Computer>NQ</Computer>
              <Security />
              </System>