4 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2017 11:15 PM by davidr3215208

?? TRV950E not recognised.

davidr3215208

My old Sony DV camera, DCR TRV950E,  is not being picked up by Premier Elements. I have tried version 8 and 15 but no joy. I have tried connecting using firewire and USB. How can I persuade the software to  recognise the camera?

• 1. Re: ?? TRV950E not recognised.
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This camcorder should interface perfectly with Premiere Elements 11, when connected via FireWire. (Note that the interface with miniDV was discontinued in version 13.)

What operating system are you using? Windows 7 computers include a faulty FireWire driver that must be rolled back to legacy.

• 2. Re: ?? TRV950E not recognised.
            davidr3215208 Level 1

I am running Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10. 32 bit o/s. Tried to load legacy 1394 but too stupid to know how to do it.

• 3. Re: ?? TRV950E not recognised.
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Is there a 32 bit version of Windows 10? I thought it was all 64 bit by now. But okay.

You shouldn't need to load the legacy driver on Windows 10. But if you want to give it a try, click the Start button and type in Device Manager. Open up the IEEE-1394 listing and right-click on it and select Properties. You should be able to select the option to Roll Back to the legacy driver on the Driver tab. (You might also try just selecting the option to uninstall the driver completely. Windows will re-install a fresh one within a couple of minutes.)

Can you capture your video with the free download WinDV?

If that doesn't work, there may be something else at work. You may have a malfunctioning or incompatible FireWire card or cable -- or you may not be attaching the camcorder correctly. Remember, tape-based video is all pretty ancient technology, as far as computers are concerned. There's not a lot of support for it.

• 4. Re: ?? TRV950E not recognised.
                davidr3215208 Level 1

Thank you for your suggestions Steve. There was no legacy version as an option, I failed to download one and was unable to delete the existing version. I am a lost cause and will now give up as I am not techy saavy. Thanks and goodbye.