• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Actions - Colors?

Contributor ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I noticed that the Photoshop Actions creation panel allows me to assign a color to the action. However, when I have added a color to it, the color doesn't show up anywhere in the actions panel. I made it orange. Nothing is orange...

I thought this would be like the coloring for the layers, where I could add a color to the actions and help visually distinguish them - especially since there is no way to create subfolders for action sets... I have a series of around 22 fairly complicated actions and I would like to distinguish first-tier actions from second tier actions and third-tier actions.

So what are the colors for???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Colors are visible in Button mode. Click on Actions panel menu and choose: Button Mode.

button mode.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colors are visible in Button mode. Click on Actions panel menu and choose: Button Mode.

button mode.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

lol, i've never used the button mode before. Looks dangerous. Clicking on anything accidentally runs an action. I can't think of any reason to ever use button mode - not as a guy who makes actions, nor as a guy who makes actions for other people to use. I would never want to use that mode for myself and I would never recommend it for someone who doesn't know how to use actions well.

I don't understand why the colors are turned off in regular mode though. Seems like someone had to actually make extra effort to make the code work in a less useful way. What a strange thing to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines