2 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2017 1:25 AM by Willi Adelberger

My 1st page image goes over to the second page...

rohanf98476104

So I am making these 2 page PDF sheets for work and I am having a bit of trouble with the Image from the first page going onto the second page.

Pretty much the whole first page is an image and the second page is text + images.

I don't have any bleed in my settings and the lines match up fine in InDesign, but when I view them exported in a PDF, they appear to bleed over to the second page.

But when I zoom in (In the PDF) they are in the lines...

When I completely dis-join the pages it exports fine...Do I need to always have my pages not joined?
      I thought if I had no bleed and had all my lines match up, that this shouldn't happen?

This is how it looks in exported (See below)

Bonsella example 2.jpg

But when I zoom in at the page deviding line it looks like this (See below)

Bonsella example.jpg

There is no problem zoomed in...

But when I zoom out it is bleeding over...

Here is what it looks like in InDesign (See below)

Bonsella example 3.jpg

Lines match up perfectly.

I'm lost as to why it is doing this...

As mentioned I can avoid it doing that by not connecting my pages together, but this has never really been an issue for me before...

• 1. Re: My 1st page image goes over to the second page...
          Migintosh Level 4

If I'm understanding you correctly, it appears that part of the image from one page is invading it's neighbor when viewed as an exported PDF, but it looks OK when you zoom in. Do I have that right? If so, it's normal for the detail to get better the closer you zoom in. An example that I deal with regularly is if a client sends me a PDF with flattened transparency. When viewed at full-page, there can be visible lines caused by transparency flattening artifacts. If I zoom in, sometimes the lines are pronounced, and other times they are so faint that they can hardly be seen. That's just a limitation of viewing a PDF. If you zoom in and there isn't a problem, it won't be a problem when you print. If it's only for viewing, I'm not sure what to tell you, because there are several programs that can be used to view a PDF, and you can't control which program is used by someone who gets the PDF from you.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: My 1st page image goes over to the second page...
            Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

That is caused by rounding errors. Start the image with a distance of 0.001mm from the spine and everything will be perfect.

1 person found this helpful