You need to do it the other way around.
- First create the webapp with folder
- Then create a folder of same name as webapp folder name
- Create index.html inside.
Thanks for the reply, Liam.
About the 1st point, how do I create a webapp within a folder? Unlike creating a webpage, I can't find the option to specify the folder name inside the "edit web app settings" page.
For the 2nd point, Does that mean I will have to create the folder manual way (e.g through FTP, upload/create an empty directory that shares the same name as the webapp folder name) ?
By the way, in case of my website, I already have the folder created a while back. This folder has been used to store several BC webpages, and now I'd like to create a webapp module that will sit within the same folder as these existing pages.
By the way of illustration, I've already got a folder xyz created that contains a couple web pages: abc.htm, & def.htm. Is it possible to create a web app that has the following URL : /xyz/staff/mr-x , and with a hub page that has this url: /xyz/staff ?
Please ignore everything you think or understand first.
1. You make a webapp, it has a folder (SITEURL/webapp-name)
2. You can THEN and only then make a folder of same name (webapp-name)
3. In your folder you can create index.html so that /webapp-name loads that default page
4. You can create other pages inside that folder as long as they are not the same as webapp item names (No sharing same url)
5. You can not create subfolder structures on web app items (You CAN NOT do - /webapp-name/sub-folder/webappitem
Alright, I've just followed your instruction, and it works. Thanks for that.
However, it looks like I have encountered another issue.
Here's the rundown of what I've done:
1. I created a web app that has the following url : SITEURL/xyz/staff , hence to access a web app item under this web app, the url will be : SITEURL/xyz/staff/mr-x
2. Then, I created an empty folder labelled "staff" which is siting inside the "xyz" folder.
3. Back in Business Catalyst, I created a webpage, set its name to "index", and Its sitting inside the SITEURL/xyz/staff/ folder
Now I can only view the index page by visiting this url : SITEURL/xyz/staff/index .
I will be redirected to the "Page Not Found" page whenever I try to Visit either SITEURL/xyz/staff or SITEURL/xyz/staff/
was wondering if this issue is caused by point #5 in your reply. Hence, BC considers "xyz" to be the webapp-name instead of "xyz/staff".
Make sure the page you made includes the file extension .html
If it is just "index" then it wont work, it needs to be "index.html"
Yes Liam, I changed the file extension from .htm to .html straight after following your instruction, and yet I still encounter this issue.
Basically I can only see the page if I go to this url : SITEURL/xyz/staff/index ,
not SITEURL/xyz/staff or SITEURL/xyz/staff/
1 person found this helpful
If you can access - SITEURL/xyz/staff/index
Then the page in admin has not been updated
It will 404 if you do the above and done correctly.
Thanks Liam, but now I'm kinda confused with your reply.
Could you please clarify more about the 2nd sentence : " the page in admin has not been updated" ?
Which page? the index page that I created in Business Catalyst? And what do you mean by the page hasn't been updated?
Ah I see, It works.
Appreciate your help, Liam. Thanks.