1 Reply Latest reply on May 9, 2017 1:10 AM by john beardsworth

Synching to Lightroom app

hamish niven Level 2

Morning guys, is there a way to sync a smaller versions of images to the light room app?
      Or even just sync a published folder to the lightroom app?
      Simple reason is that most of the images I'm keen to sync to my phone are 8000px tiffs, which means 5 files and the phone is full.
      Or should I be using the awful photo app which means photos chew up all my cloud space and there are brazillions of photos on the cloud when I only want some.

I'm on an Imac 10.12.4  / iPhone 6s  10.3.1

Thanks

• 1. Re: Synching to Lightroom app
          john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

https://forums.adobe.com/people/hamish+niven  wrote

Morning guys, is there a way to sync a smaller versions of images to the light room app?
          Or even just sync a published folder to the lightroom app?
          Simple reason is that most of the images I'm keen to sync to my phone are 8000px tiffs, which means 5 files and the phone is full.
          Or should I be using the awful photo app which means photos chew up all my cloud space and there are brazillions of photos on the cloud when I only want some.

I'm on an Imac 10.12.4  / iPhone 6s  10.3.1

Thanks

Small versions of images are synced.

The synced files are smart previews - roughly 1mb each - and do not vary if you are syncing a raw file or a big tif.  In fact, these smart previews are initially synced to Adobe's server, and only a still-smaller version is sent to your phone. It's only when you want to edit offline that the smart preview is sent to the phone, and this is still 1mb or thereabouts. There's no limit on how much you can sync to the LrMobile cloud space and you'd have to sync a lot of files to cause a problem on the phone.

So select some pictures, add them to a collection, and sync that collection. Or drag the photos into All Synced Photos (Catalog panel in Library).