2 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2017 6:11 PM by gvmm

Lightbox close button doesn't work

gvmm Level 1

Hi Folks,

This is my first foray into Muse, so I could be missing something basic.

I built a lightbox menu for use with phone-sized devices. All good so far, except that the close button does not work.

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 8.15.44 AM.png

I thought it might be a layer stacking issue, so I tried moving the close button in the layers display. No effect. (And the Close button will not move from the top layer beneath Composition.)

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 8.15.53 AM.png

Here's the lightbox fly out menu, in case that might be relevant.

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 8.16.43 AM.png

Related question: Web work isn't my native habit, so I am not conversant with best practice GUI issues. How do people feel about this close button on the lightbox? Is it really necessary? The menu disappears appropriately when I click outside the menu.

Here are the background data:

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 8.33.00 AM.png          Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 8.33.19 AM.png

TIA

Richard Hurley

Grass Valley MultiMedia

• 1. Re: Lightbox close button doesn't work
          Günter Heißenbüttel Adobe Community Professional
          1. I don’t think, the button is really necessary. I have many slideshows in Muse driven sites and always simply click outside the lightbox to make it disappear.
          2. It is a known issue, that menus in light boxes on multi-breakpoint-pages cause problems of this kind. Normally, one can work around these glitches by choosing a different lightbox transition (from "Fade" to "Horizontal" or "Vertical"). It would be fine, if you can test this …

Here the thread about this specific issue: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2302134

• 2. Re: Lightbox close button doesn't work
            gvmm Level 1

Vielen Dank, Günter. Sehr nützlich.

I'll go without the close box. I found varying responses with different test browsers, which makes me inclined to toss the feature if others feel it is not necessary for good UI practice.

I'll check out the article, thanks! I note in passing that I searched the archives under the terms close button and lightbox without finding relevant material. Any thoughts on the reliability of the forum search function?