1 Reply Latest reply on May 10, 2017 8:42 AM by ijbdesign

Linking and Symbols

ealanjones Level 1

I've tried to do this a 1/2 dozen different ways, but either it can't be done, or I don't know how.
      I have a side navigation that repeats throughout my application. It has the same 8 navigation points no matter where you are in the application.

I can set links from the side navigation on the Home page. That's not hard.

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 1.07.56 PM.png

I figured, I should then be able to make the side navigation a symbol so that no matter where I am in the application, the side navigation is always there and always linked.

Instead, converting it to a symbol and disables all of the links.
      Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 1.08.07 PM.png

How, can I make a common navigation menu that will work across all views?

Maybe my way of trying to make it work isn't ideal, but shouldn't this be something I can do? Otherwise, Ill have to set the links on every view.

• 1. Re: Linking and Symbols
          ijbdesign

I've come across the same issue.

Creating a symbol will help but they should add different state options under the prototype menu.

I would love to see CSS code :link, :visited, :hover, :active or a drop-down menu to apply the different states.

One thing I've been doing is creating my boards in XD and building the interaction in After Effects. I know is extra

work but I get to use AE as part of my workflow.

I really want a large update to make MacOS and Windows 10 the same.