5 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2017 9:50 AM by JJMack

Files are taking a long time to open.

mussfeldt

(everything else is ok). In the past few days, every time I double click or open directly from Photoshop it takes about 20 to 30 seconds to actually open the file.

• 1. Re: Files are taking a long time to open.
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Any image file or particular image files or file types.  How is your machine running in general  what software are you using Photoshop, version, Updates,  add on s, OS, hardware you give us very little info to go on what is everything else? Double click where? When you double click is Photoshop up and running.

• 2. Re: Files are taking a long time to open.
            mussfeldt Level 1

Hi JJMack

I'm running the latest photoshop version on an imac retina 5K, 27 inch. Hopefully that latest update wasn't the one that created this problem. It is weird, cause the machine is crazy fast and I never remember waiting for anything on this machine and the last couple of days i've had to wait upwards of 30 second to even react to open this normal/medium size files (30MB).

• 3. Re: Files are taking a long time to open.

It wold be easy to test if the problem is wilh Photoshop CC 2017.1.1 simply use the creative cloud desktop application to installed a prior version pf Photoshop. I would suggest CC 2014.  See if that version has the same performances as CC 2017.1.1.

I have on Windows CS2, CS6, CC 2014, CC 2015, CC 2015.5 and CC 2017.1.1 installed.  I use CC 2014.

Your problem may be outside of Adobe software or a configuration problem a preference.  If you feel things are taking longer then they use too.  You are most likely right unless you have a poor sense of time.

• 4. Re: Files are taking a long time to open.
                mussfeldt Level 1

good suggestion. I don't know if it is relevant but they are also files that where done with a different CC account. Months ago we switched CC accounts from a personal to a corporate. I wonder if that's the reason for the lag.

• 5. Re: Files are taking a long time to open.

mussfeldt  wrote

Months ago we switched CC accounts from a personal to a corporate. I wonder if that's the reason for the lag.

Photoshop is either activated or its not activated they are two platforms  so code differs between platforms, However the code differences between Personal Photoshop and a Corporate Photoshop  is the way Application are installed.  Photoshop in all cases is installed on you local machine and needs no network connection when used.