3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2017 8:06 AM by aggiep39437943

Photoshop CC 2017 will not open files

jbreveley

Hi,

Does anyone know why Photoshop CC 2017 will not open files, I have re-installed it with the same issue. I have tried various files. Opening from Bridge will open PS 2017 but the file does not appear. I cannot open new files from within PS 2017 either.

I have had to re-install PS CC 2015.

I am a paid up member as part of a corporate group. I use a Mac pro (Late 2013), 3.5Ghz 6-COre Intel Xeon E56 with 16 GHb of ram, Graphics: AMD FirePro D500 3072MB

This is very frustrating, particularly as there does not appear to be any way to contact Adobe directly about this!

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Photoshop CC 2017 will not open files
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Moving to the Photoshop General forum

• 2. Re: Photoshop CC 2017 will not open files
            mikeb79951805

Having the exact same issue and have to use 2015.3. Very frustrated also, why am I paying for this if I have to always use a very old version!!

• 3. Re: Photoshop CC 2017 will not open files
              aggiep39437943

I hate ADOBE... with a passion....
              I purchased PS Elements and it would not load - called customer support and they asked if they could remote into my machine to see what the issue was - the trained chimp in customer support removed a bunch of registry files and destroyed my now boat anchor,  After complaining to their management I was told that it was MY FAULT for allowing the red assed baboon to remote into my machine.  As a "consolation" they gave me Creative Cloud for free and now I can't open files. I called customer support and they asked if they could remote into my BRAND FREAKING NEW machine... I said no.  They responded that my computer is corrupt and they can't help.
              I want a job at Adobe - I know how to wreck machines and tell customers that there is nothing I can do to help.

Good Luck