What some menu item can not be use because a requirement for its use is not present. Photoshop will gray out the menu item because it is currently not usable.
Supply pertinent information for quicker answers
- The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
- Adobe product and version number
- Operating system and version number
- The full text of any error message(s)
- What you were doing when the problem occurred
- Screenshots of the problem
- Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
Yes, but what are the requirements and what is making it unusable?
What option do you want to use each item grayed out may have different requirements for use. There is not a single answer.
I was trying out a tutorial using text art and it called for the 3D option.
I was not able to do the tutorial because 3D was not available.
To use 3D you need a graphics card with at least 512GB video ram and your GPU needs to be enabled in preferences. If you meet that requirement - can you post your system info. Just go to help - System Info - Copy then paste it here.
I took a quick look at that tutorial. If you have the proper hardware and your Photoshop preference performance enable Photoshop to use your GPU after you create the text Shape layer. With that layer targeted when you open Photoshop's 3D menu there should be a few menu items not grayed out. One not grayed out should be "New 3D Extrusion from Selected Path".