• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Install Extendscript Toolkit

Explorer ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated After Effects and now Extendscript Toolkit doesn't work with it.

If I run a script from the Toolkit it doesn't recognize that AfterEffects is running.

If I am in After Effects and choose Open Script, it says Extend script is not installed (which is incorrect).

Extendscript is not listed in the Adobe Apps at all in my Creative Cloud Control App.

This is very frustrating.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of After Effects are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The absolute latest version .  2017.3 or whatever it is....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicknameforme. I have the same issue, probably latest version ok ESTK is not compatible with latest release of AE. Houston (Adobe...) we have a problem! BTW, you can find ESTK in "Previous version" section of CC App. Apps in this section are not visible. You need to click "Previous versions" label to see them. Now I'm trying to uninstall and reinstall ESTK. Have a nice_____________ (fill the blank ) here in Italy are 6.30 PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicknameforme,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am still experiencing the same problem.  I haven't used the script editor for a few weeks but now I am, and the same problem is there.

I can launch ESTK manually, but I can't run the scripts from it.  I have to save and load them manually into FX which isn't  very convenient when debugging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin,

How come Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit is no longer supported by Adobe? Adobe support said that it is no longer an Adobe product and hasn't been supported since CS5.

How come it is no longer available for MacOS 10.11.5 or beyond? All of the adobe online documentation about scripting (Scripts in After Effects ) refers to the ESTK and this was last updated in Oct 2017, so this is really confusing.

Do you have any advice on how to write .jsx or .jsxbin files for AE? Maybe there is a simple answer or work around to this and any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines