9 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2017 7:15 AM by TonyHallsworth

Camera raw wrong version!

TonyHallsworth

Hi

I was experiencing trouble with camera raw not working under my graphics card although it is up to date. So I downloaded an earlier version of camera raw (ver 9.1).

Now I have lost ver 9.8 and cannot find it. there seems to be no way to install this version.

I have uninstalled all my apps but kept the preferences as I need to carry on working. Can anyone help PLEASE?

TonyH

• 1. Re: Camera raw wrong version!
          davescm Adobe Community Professional

Hi

What version of Photoshop are you using? If it is a CC version you should be able to update camera raw from your CC desktop app.

If it is a CS version then it depends on the specific Photoshop version which ACR version will work.

Dave

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Camera raw wrong version!
            TonyHallsworth Level 1

Hello Dave

It is 2017 cc the latest version. It was there then it was gone. Lightroom is using the correct version, but not Photoshop.

It is over written somewhere on my system, but I can not find it.

Thanks for your input

TonyH

• 3. Re: Camera raw wrong version!

Hi Tony

The latest version is 9.10

Note that is Nine.Ten not Nine.One

If you have 9.10 then ignore any message when going from Lightroom to Photoshop about not having the latest version. That error message is a bug.

Dave

2 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Camera raw wrong version!
                TonyHallsworth Level 1

Hi - Again

I think I have failed to explain clearly. My version of camera raw was the latest up to date one and had all the features, it was also dark within the interface. The tools available were complete. Now it has reverted to a light grey interface, and all the new tools are missing. I have overwritten the original somehow and cannot retrieve it. The adobe cloud does not allow to update, because it thinks I have the updated version running with Lightroom.

I am a very experienced Photoshop professional photographer having use Photoshop for 23 years. This has got me stumped!!

TonyH

PS version 9.1 is way out of date! 

• 5. Re: Camera raw wrong version!

I agree 9.1 is out of date .  9.10 (nine.ten) is the latest.

You can download from this page :

Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

Dave

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Camera raw wrong version!
                    D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

TonyHallsworth  wrote

Lightroom is using the correct version, but not Photoshop

The adobe cloud does not allow to update, because it thinks I have the updated version running with Lightroom.

This has nothing to do with Lightroom, just so we're not chasing that particular red herring. Lightroom has the ACR engine built into the application, completely separate from the ACR plugin. The two have their own, separate update schedules.

Presumably the CC app lost track when you overwrote with an earlier version, and still thinks ACR is up to date. This can happen, and is usually fixed by signing out of the CC app and signing back in. This forces the app to rescan all installations.

If that doesn't do it, the manual installer posted by Dave will take care of it - but the same thing could happen next time. So you may need to sign out / in anyway.

• 7. Re: Camera raw wrong version!
                      TonyHallsworth Level 1

Hi

Thank you to all the replies. Nothing as yet has solved this issue. My other PC has all the correct plugins working including ACR.

I am searching through the hidden files on my hard drive to locate the ACR file. signing off and on, reinstalling etc. have no effect.

What has really annoyed me is the lack of support on this from adobe. There no longer seems to be a chat option available and after using this software over twenty years and teaching it also, feels like a let down.

All the help offered here, within this forum,  is gratefully appreciated, but has not solved it.

My work is know behind as I used the camera raw straighten and level adjustments all the time. My other PC is too slow to work with.

The link for the download is not giving me the correct file.

Thanks again

TonyH

• 8. Re: Camera raw wrong version!

Hi

I've just tried the link and it is giving me the correct file

From this page :

Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

Choose this for Windows (or the second link for MAC)

Downloads a zip

Extract it then click on it and it should install

Dave

• 9. Re: Camera raw wrong version!
                          TonyHallsworth Level 1

Hello Dave

Yes your are correct!! For some reason I had downloaded the CS6 version, same release but without CC updates.

Thanks again

TonyH