• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text wrap mayhem!

Explorer ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign are crashing every time I hit the text wrap button. Is there a fix?

I have trashed prefs. Didn't help at all.

It's not only in one document.

I have disabled the advanced type "features"

I can't work like this. This program has become a f*** joke!

Indesign CC 2015.4

Mac OSX 10.11.6

Rune

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just happen with this document or with all InDesign documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all, but more complex documents with lots of tables and spanned headings are more troublesome. In the book I'm currently working on I would say half the files are crashing for no apparent reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off the GPU Performance, to be found under the GPU Performance tab in InDesign Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's already turned off...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you've stated you've already tried trashing your InDesign preferences, but it might be worth double checking, before going to the next stage.

Close and relaunch InDesign, and IMMEDIATELY hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences. you must be extremely fast on the keyboard (if you don’t see the confirmation prompt, you were too slow).

You may have to do it a couple of times before you get the hang of it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the next stage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try uninstalling InDesign. Then you could try installing InDesign CC 2017 to see if fixes the problem. Or you could reinstall InDesign CC 2015.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been hesitant to install CC2017 because of all the bug reports here on the forum. Pest or cholera I guess.

Does 2017 work as expected for anyone?

Thank's for your suggestions. I'll go for a walk and hopefully ID has fixed itself when I return:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If trashing your preferences hasn't helped, it probably worth reinstalling the application.

Firstly, uninstall InDesign, using the drop-down in the Creative Cloud app (the cog icon) see the screen shot below, then run Adobe Cleaner Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems  before reinstalling InDesign.

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 13.47.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines