• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Authorize on Facebook" doesn't open any browser page + FB app missing.

Explorer ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For some reason the Facebook plugin now shows "unauthorized".

I reloaded it, but whenever I try to authorize it again no web page opens into the browser as it used to.

I checked my Facebook account for the apps installed, Lightroom app is gone ! Yesterday it worked just fine.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

This has been fixed. Let us know if you're still having trouble this AM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam,

Try clearing Browser Cache or changing the default browser itself and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash !

I did this :

1. Set Google Chrome as default browser and closed Firefox.
  2. Tried to authenticate via Lightroom : no change, no FB authorization page opens in Chrome either
  3. Set Firefox back as default browser and cleared the cache
  4. Tried to authenticate via Lightroom : no change, no FB authorization page opens (btw, I'm logged in on FB in another tab)

I'm a bit lost now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to clear the browser cache in Chrome and still not able to authorize, when prompted to hit OK to authorize nothing happens it does not take you to facebook, if you hit terms and agreements it will react and take you there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well daveg77118272, exact same behavior here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. No solution provided works. Lost recently posted images on Facebook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem here...

But more concerning...

All photos I have uploaded to Facebook over the past years have been deleted from my Facebook account this morning without any notification and without being able to find out why.

So the question is...

Has Facebook blocked the Lightroom Publishing Plugin? This would explain the inability to authorise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem. I even uninstalled and installed again but nothing. And all my photos in FB Page are all gone (for every photos (over 10 albums) that are uploaded using LR)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dammit !

ALL my pictures (thousands!) uploaded to Facebook using Lightroom are gone !

That's dozen of albums and thousands of pictures over the years.

WTF Facebook ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the trouble with the Facebook publish plug-in, we’re currently investigating this issue and will provide an update when we have one. In the meantime, please hold off on uploading images to Facebook from Lightroom.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash.

I guess it's important to mention that, on the Facebook account, the "Lightroom app" has mysteriously disappeared.

Hence the missing photos obviously.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Can't authorize and pictures previously posted are gone.  Pictures I posted from Elements are fine. Just Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Hundreds of photos gone. This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am able to reproduce the issue of Fb plugin not opening the authorization window in a browser.

Could you please take a look at this article Errors using Publish Services in Lightroom and let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all that. Doesn't work. T.T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is still unable to connect with Facebook to reauthorize the account. I have tried the previous suggestions to no avail. All previously published Lightroom photos and albums are gone from Facebook. The Lightroom app is not showing up in Facebook's search box for apps. The Lightroom app is not showing up in my list of apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very same exact problem. Never would have thought that the link to all the previously published photos would be broken as a result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.. I uploaded my first album to Facebook last Tuesday, and today people were complaining all photos were gone... I can't authorize anymore as well. Hopefully this can be fixed soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, unable to get authorisation and all the photos loaded over recent months have gone along with images shared on other group pages. Can not try the remove authorisation and reauthorise as it doesn't even give me that option. Hope this gets sorted sooner than later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding another to this thread.  Same symptoms.  Authorization is now gone, and trying to re-authorize does nothing (clicking the button in Lightroom never takes me to Facebook for authorization).  And as others have noted,  the past uploads to Facebook are all gone. 

I hadn't realized that was even possible - I thought once uploaded they were there "forever", and not under some ownership of Lightroom.  What if I someday stop using Lightroom and the authorization expires?  Will all the photos go away?  That seems terrible and a huge drawback of the publish service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Cleared cache - no different.

Switched browsers - no different.

Rebooted - no different.

Re-logged into FB - no different (and the LR app is gone as reported).

Over one thousand photos missing from FB....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also dismayed at this. I would presume if Lightroom disappeared in the future, the albums would remain, but since Lightroom controls the albums, it was able to delete them due to some bug in the code. That is of course nearly as bad as albums depending on the continued existence of Lightroom forever. I agree knowing more about this will dictate whether I continue to use Lightroom to upload photos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My gut tells me that it's more on the Facebook side. Your local Lightroom can go away but the photos are still stored in FB repository. The "authorization" piece that is missing/broken on the FB side is preventing the files from being displayed. I believe this because the app doesn't show up as an authorized app on the FB side. It makes no sense that the display of the photos in FB has any dependency on the users local copy of LR after it has been uploaded. The display of the photos is more likely to be dependent on a authorization artifact that was set by LR at one point in time but solely resides in the FB realm thereafter. FB needs to fix something so that the re-authorization API can take place successfully so that FB allows to display the photos again. Just my conjecture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searching thru the Help items on Facebook I found a post that said missing photos sometimes occurs when Facebook does routine maintenance and that the problem should be resolved after some time (may 24 hours?). I agree and think that this is a Facebook issue. But they don't seem to have a forum to discuss this. I reported the problem on the Facebook site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines