• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC Version 17 crashes when printing and when choosing preferences

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last several weeks, with no changes to my Windows 10 system, Adobe Acrobat DC Version 17 keeps crashing any time I try to print or choose "preferences" in the edit tab.  I've tried every fix listed on this site and others, such as moving the "preferences" folder in DC to the desktop, updating Adobe, etc.  Nothing is working.  Anyone have anything that actually works?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stenochris,

As per the description of the issue mentioned above, Acrobat DC crashes when you try to print or when selecting Preferences under Edit menu, is that correct?

Could you please try following troubleshooting steps?

1- Run as administrator- right-click Acrobat DC shortcut and select Run as administrator, then try printing or selecting Preferences, does that work?

2- Change Compatibility setting- under Acrobat DC shortcut>right-click>Properties.

Compatibility tab>check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select Windows 7 from the drop-down options

Click Apply and relaunch Acrobat.

3- If that doesn't work, try repairing Acrobat by clicking "Repair Installation" under Help menu.

Please confirm the version of Acrobat DC installed on the machine.

You may refer to this link for the same: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Does Acrobat crash when you click on "Print" under Print dialogue or when you select File>Print?

Have you tried keyboard shortcuts such as Ctrl+P (for printing) or Ctrl+K (for Preferences)?

Awaiting your response.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shivam,

Thank you for the reply. When I tried to run the file as an admin after changing the compatibility to Version 7, I got this error.Screenshot (48).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try repairing Acrobat by clicking "Repair Installation" under Help menu and see if that works?

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't change anything.  Did that before I tried your suggestions and before I contacted support.  Now it won't even open Adobe to let me try it again after doing what you suggested above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other suggestions?  It's now letting me open a file in the program but is still crashing every time I try to print.  I need to be able to access and print files on a daily basis for my business.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi StenoChris,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Try uninstalling Acrobat DC using Cleaner tool: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Rebooting the machine and reinstall Acrobat DC from here: Download and install Acrobat DC subscription

Let us know how it goes.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the uninstall tool and rebooted and installed from your link.  Here is what I get when trying to open the program now.

Screenshot (50).png

Then if I open a file and try to print:

Screenshot (51).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please try troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following link?

Blank dialog boxes and missing text from Acrobat interface

Keep us posted with the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines