3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2008 4:31 PM by Newsgroup_User

Cross platform error - shockwave required?

pc2099
      Hi all,

OK Im trying to publish a cross platform director movie with Director 11 on a windows XP machine. The resulting files play fine on a PC and on a mac from either a usb stick or off the HDD.

But once they are burnt to Hybrid CD (off windows with the macimage application) and I try running the DI file from the resulting CD on a mac, i get an "Application Error - The application requires shockwave player 11, which cannot be found. CLick OK to download"

If I burn the files to a CD from the mac just using finder - the resulting CD works fine - however i loose the ability to hide .exe files and the like which is not ideal. Im assuming the problem lies somewhere in the fact of the new way Dir 11 structures the mac executable on windows - being a series of folders and files which show up as one ap on a mac.

Has anyone had any success in burning a hybrid CD on either a mac or windows?
        • 1. Re: Cross platform error - shockwave required?
          Level 7
          I had this same issue 2 weeks ago and was not able to resove it.

Maybe you had contacted me by email or maybe you're someone else but it
          sounds like it's starting to pop up more frequently.

Craig

"pc2099" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gcd3rj$1c4$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi all,
          >
          > OK Im trying to publish a cross platform director movie with Director 11
          > on a
          > windows XP machine. The resulting files play fine on a PC and on a mac
          > from
          > either a usb stick or off the HDD.
          >
          > But once they are burnt to Hybrid CD (off windows with the macimage
          > application) and I try running the DI file from the resulting CD on a mac,
          > i
          > get an "Application Error - The application requires shockwave player 11,
          > which
          > cannot be found. CLick OK to download"
          >
          > If I burn the files to a CD from the mac just using finder - the resulting
          > CD
          > works fine - however i loose the ability to hide .exe files and the like
          > which
          > is not ideal. Im assuming the problem lies somewhere in the fact of the
          > new way
          > Dir 11 structures the mac executable on windows - being a series of
          > folders and
          > files which show up as one ap on a mac.
          >
          > Has anyone had any success in burning a hybrid CD on either a mac or
          > windows?
          >

• 2. Re: Cross platform error - shockwave required?
            pc2099 Level 1
            No i didnt contact you before - sadly however this is NOT just starting to pop up more frequently. I found a post dating back to March this year in a different forum where many were having the same problem

http://groups.google.com/group/macromedia.director.basics/browse_thread/thread/3bc84fac825 6cfda?pli=1

There is even a very UNHELPFUL post by K Venkatesh a senior Director programer simply stating Dir 11 does not support mac osx 10.3 or earlier. Which has nothing to do with the problems at hand.

I think its high time we get an official answer as to what is happening here and a solution ASAP. The silence from Adobe is simply not acceptable.
            • 3. Re: Cross platform error - shockwave required?
              Level 7
              > I think its high time we get an official answer as to what is happening here
              > and a solution ASAP. The silence from Adobe is simply not acceptable.

Did you contact Adobe's tech support?