5 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2017 6:49 AM by JJMack

How to Content-Aware Fill Multiple layers

Mau7rice Level 1

I have an animated gif with something in it I want to remove. I thought I could select all layers(100) and do a Edit > Fill but I cant seem to with the multiple layers selected. In this case where the thing I'm trying to remove is in the same spot in all 100 of those pics what's the best and quickest way to do the Fill on all layers at once ?

• 1. Re: How to Content-Aware Fill Multiple layers
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

You don't need to.  Make the fix in a new layer at the top of the stack, and have that layer turned on for every frame.

• 2. Re: How to Content-Aware Fill Multiple layers
            Barbara Ash Adobe Community Professional

Sounds like you want to apply Content Aware Fill to multiple layers. It is not possible to Edit > Fill multiple layers at once. However, the Healing brush tools have an option to sample all layers.

• 3. Re: How to Content-Aware Fill Multiple layers
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

If you want to fill the area with the same content in that area you can do as Trevor has written.  Before you add the new layer  use the frame animation timeline fly-our menu and check new layer appear in all frames.  That way you do not need to manually change every frame in the timeline to make the layer visible in the frame's  composite image.

• 4. Re: How to Content-Aware Fill Multiple layers
                Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

JJMack  wrote

If you want to fill the area with the same content in that area you can do as Trevor has written.  Before you add the new layer  use the frame animation timeline fly-our menu and check new layer appear in all frames.  That way you do not need to manually change every frame in the timeline to make the layer visible in the frame's  composite image.

Hey, I didn't know that JJ.  Nice one.  What I do is select all the frames and turn the layer on.  In fact I think it might default to doing that anyway.  I find it is not always predictable how editing a frame animation is going to work for you.

• 5. Re: How to Content-Aware Fill Multiple layers
                  JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Yes I use the option both ways. I set it to the how  I want a layer added to frames  for a layer I'm about to add to the layer stack be added to all frames or frames I am working on and select.   It is not uncommon to need to use both options. When there are few frames it does not matter much which option is set for  it is  easy to set which layer are visible in a small number frames. When you have a large number of frames and layers this option is very useful.