• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install Captivate 2017 as part of Technical Communication Suite 2017

Enthusiast ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TCS 2017 comes with Captivate 9, but now that Captivate 2017 has been released, how can I install Captivate 2017 as part of the suite?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be available using the Adobe Update Manager from the Help menu in Captivate. (Help > Updates...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, but Captivate 9 did not update to Captivate 2017. I have TCS 2017 perpetual license, not subscription. Should I still be able to update to Captivate 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about the perpetual license version. There may be restrictions in the EULA that lock you to the version(s) available at the time of the release. You'll have to check with Customer Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jay, if this release follows previous  behavior, you can expect a TCS 2017.X release that provides you access to Cp 2017.

At this time, you can only download the trial (30 days) or purchase independently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I found that out from customer support. I am wary about purchasing the perpetual license version of TCS 2017 until such time as Captivate 2017 is included -- unless I can be assured that I will be able to upgrade to Captivate 2017 when it get included in the suite in a couple of months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines