2 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2017 7:29 PM by JJMack

File - New - Clipboard

MikeFJacobs

. . . let me restate the problem I am having.

When I used to go to File - New  and the "Clipboard" was the choice it would give me a place to put the file I had in memory (PC) EXACTLY the size in the memory so no resizing was necessary!  After having some problems, now when I choose "File - New - Clipboard" it comes up with a pre-set size that is NOT what is in the memory.

How do I make "CLIPBOARD" go back to the stock settings so it comes out as the size in the memory of my PC!

Thanks a bunch!

Mike

• 1. Re: File - New - Clipboard
          Barbara Ash Adobe Community Professional

When you choose FIle > New and choose Clipboard, you should get exactly the size in memory of the contents of the clipboard, not a preset size. I'm using Photoshop 2017, and cannot replicate the problem on my computer.

Do you have the most current Photoshop update, Photoshop CC 20170425.r.252?

• 2. Re: File - New - Clipboard
            JJMack Most Valuable Participant

On my Windows 10 PC I currently have Photoshop CS2, CS6, CC, CC 2014, CC 2015, CC 2015.5 and CC 2017 installed I do not seem to have and ptoblems like you have. By the same token I would not state the Windows clipboard support is without problems. However I'm also use Windows 10 Preview Builds My windows  version changes weekly.

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
            • Adobe product and version number
            • Operating system and version number
            • The full text of any error message(s)
            • What you were doing when the problem occurred
            • Screenshots of the problem
            • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.