• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple ratings on same photos

Explorer ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no more elegant way to give multiple ratings to photos after they have been placed in individual collection than creating a virtual copy and making a collection fo virtual copies??

I have a catalogue of 14,000+ photos. Within that I have collections of keyworded people containing thousands. A photo may have 7 people in it.  It may warrant a 1 star for 5 of them, two star for one and 5 star for another.  The only way I understand to assign different stars or colors in the different collections without affecting the photos in other collections is to go to each collection and create a virtual copy and then create a collection of those virtual copies (and collapse them elsewhere). With 8 collections (so far) my LR catalogue is growing by leaps and bounds.

Is there some other way to have the ratings only exist or stick inside of one collection and not affect the others?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Is there no more elegant way to give multiple ratings to photos after they have been placed in individual collection than creating a virtual copy and making a collection fo virtual copies??

Correct, there is no other way to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, there is no other way to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dj, I was afraid of that. That seems cumbersome. For a program with so many capabilities I would think there would be another option like collection-specific ratings.  I have so many instances where a photo has multiple uses/ratings.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, that's what virtual copies were designed for. Different use/different metadata/different edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Stars and Colors for multiple ratings. Stars for quality of Good, Color for whatever other rating you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines