• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated Scrolling Dialog

New Here ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm trying animate the text from a conversation, to go along with the audio as it plays. I've done a bit of it already. To describe the animation:

It is reminiscent of a text conversation in that text on either side represents the two people talking. The sentences appear at the bottom as they are spoken (animated in with the typewriter preset) and continue to scroll up the screen after they appear.

I am able to do this, but what with lining it up with the audio, and individually doing all the effects and timings for each sentence, it's very tedious. Is there a better way to do do this than to animate each sentence individually in aftereffects? I wasn't able to find another program that would do this for me. Or maybe somebody would be willing to do it for me? I'm not familiar with the program and this is the only project I plan to use it for so it's just hard for me to get this done! Thanks for reading sorry if this is just a matter of my ineptitude...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

You could find a subtitling program and then generate a graphics sequence from there, but those programs are not easy to handle and clunky and of course have their own limitations. Otherwise you will just have to grind through this in AE. There's really no elegant solution to this even when exploiting things like markers, expressions etc..You're always going to need some way of determining the timing and whether you create a ton of keyframes or spend time generating external cue lists and import

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could find a subtitling program and then generate a graphics sequence from there, but those programs are not easy to handle and clunky and of course have their own limitations. Otherwise you will just have to grind through this in AE. There's really no elegant solution to this even when exploiting things like markers, expressions etc..You're always going to need some way of determining the timing and whether you create a ton of keyframes or spend time generating external cue lists and importing them in some form ito AE with obscure procedures is ultimately a moot point - you don't save much time either way.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines