Exit

Side Menu not going to Anchors

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

First time posting!

I recently put together a site with a side menu (vanilla free widget) it's on a seperate layer so it stays on the 'one page site' as you scroll down, I have also set up the anchors on the pages different sections, however in Preview Mode in Adobe it works great, however on line once uploaded the menu only opens up and clicking on the different options does not do anything.

PS. It's working on PC in the browser but not in the mobile version? Nothing seems to be different in the settings

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

I tried it too, and it defitely works fine here, when I rename the anchors of the phone page. There is absolutly no need to change something with your Muse layers or server configuration. Perhaps(!) it will help, if you clear your browser cache.

Nevertheless I'd use a "out of rhe box" standard manual menu to achieve, what you want. It is highly configurable, and with some creative skills you can build a nice looking menu

Just some (not so nice) examples for demonstration reasons (some of them need

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello in our community!

Just do the following: Reduce your site as far as possible, so that there are only a few elements, which demonstrate your issue. (This is necessary, because it saves download- and analysing-time). Upload this .muse file (without assets) to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look.

Thus, time consuming „question and answer“ games or pure guessing can be considerably reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunter, thank you very much for responding, I have uploaded the muse file and you can download it here:

Dropbox - test.muse

Not sure if you'll need the widget also??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just try the following:

Choose different names for the anchors on your phone page and fill in these new names as "link name" in your menu widget’s "Menu Item Settings".

I think, the widget (and in consequence Muse) is confused by the same anchor names on desktop and phone page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I did try and change the names in the phone version to mHOME, mWHAT_WE_DO etc, but still not working. Very odd. Is there anything I may need to do Layer wise? Or have a certain function active on my web server?

I may just try a different widget as it was free anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried it too, and it defitely works fine here, when I rename the anchors of the phone page. There is absolutly no need to change something with your Muse layers or server configuration. Perhaps(!) it will help, if you clear your browser cache.

Nevertheless I'd use a "out of rhe box" standard manual menu to achieve, what you want. It is highly configurable, and with some creative skills you can build a nice looking menu

Just some (not so nice) examples for demonstration reasons (some of them need to reduce the browser window, to see the menus, I am talking about):

menu-tap.businesscatalyst.com

http://menu-tap-2.businesscatalyst.com

http://side-menu-test.businesscatalyst.com

http://hamburgerdemo.businesscatalyst.com

The .muse files can be downloaded directly from the demo sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines