3 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2017 9:20 AM by Mylenium

Editing Clone Stamp Effect

austinf80138301

I'm looking to do 2 things as I learn the clone stamp tool in After Effects. I am trying to remove this cord from the shot:

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 9.09.17 AM.png

1. I am using clone stamp on a completed Premiere Pro project. I only need to use the clone stamp on 1 shot that appears a few times in the video. I don't seem to be able to split individual clone strokes and delete the scenes in between shots that I am actually using it for. When I try and split the layer, it doesn't change the clone strokes.

2. How can I fix this smudging:

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 9.07.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 9.06.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 9.06.39 AM.png

• 1. Re: Editing Clone Stamp Effect
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You cannot actually remove motion blur. It's a native shutter artifact. You may try the new deblur tool in CC 2017.2, though, as well as using third party plug-ins like Revision FX RSMB Pro and Smoothkit. For the cord simply create a clean still frame and overlay it with a mask. using the clone stamp for such a task makes no sense at all.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Editing Clone Stamp Effect
            austinf80138301 Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm excited about the possibility of not having to use clone stamp for this.

Not sure what you mean about creating a clean still frame and overlaying it with a mask.

Are there any tutorials you could direct me to?

• 3. Re: Editing Clone Stamp Effect
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Simply puzzle it up. Duplicate the layer, find a suitable frame, do a Freeze Frame (Layer --> Time menu) slightly move and scale it to match the perspective, create a basic mask to cut off the excess with some room to spare, hit Ctrl+Shift+C to pre-compose choosing "Move all Attributes". Then apply yet another mask to that layer in your parent comp and animate it to follow the motions of the subject. Rinse-repeat as needed. You may need different masking for different segments and use cross-fades on teh masked layers to even them out.

Mylenium