• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Managing Keyword

New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an original RAW file in Lightroom which has a keyword applied to it.  I now edit this image in Photoshop and save it as a .psd file.  It correctly appears in Lightroom next to the parent RAW image.  It also has the same keyword applied to it, i.e. it has inherited its parent's keyword.  So far so good.  HOWEVER, if I now select all images having that keyword applied to it, the edited .psd image is not selected, only the parent RAW file.  BUT if I exit Lightroom and start it again, the .psd file now appears when I select that keyword.

Further information is that this only occurs if the keyword is a sub-category of a main keyword.  For example, the main keyword is "Trossachs" and the sub-keyword is "Loch Lomond".  The problem occurs if I edit an image with the keywords "Trossachs" - "Lock Lomond", but not if the image has two separate keywords which are independent,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

This bug has been acknowledged by Adobe in the official feedback forum: Lightroom: keywords from Photoshop | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Please add your me-too vote and details of how this affects you to that bug report, which will make it a little more likely Adobe might fix it before the next ice age.

Several workarounds:

- Restart LR (which you know about, painful)

- Use the Text search box in the Library Filter bar (doesn't do exact search)

- Use the Any Tag plugin to search by one or

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug has been acknowledged by Adobe in the official feedback forum: Lightroom: keywords from Photoshop | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Please add your me-too vote and details of how this affects you to that bug report, which will make it a little more likely Adobe might fix it before the next ice age.

Several workarounds:

- Restart LR (which you know about, painful)

- Use the Text search box in the Library Filter bar (doesn't do exact search)

- Use the Any Tag plugin to search by one or more keywords (costs money)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply. Will wait for bug fix.  Just further information.  This only happens if you have a group of images selected via, say, a keyword.  With the selection visible, choose an image, edit it in PS and save it.  The resultant saved file will not appear in the selected group, even although it appears to have the same keyword.  However if you select an image which is not part of a selected group and repeat, the keyword is present and the group can be re-selected including the edited image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add your information and me-too vote to the bug report: Lightroom: keywords from Photoshop | Photoshop Family Customer Community .  Adobe doesn't actively participate in this forum and won't see your posts here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok. I have done that. Thanks

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 4:25 PM, johnrellis <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines