2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2008 4:37 PM by jollygrizzly

download a document from  flash movie

jollygrizzly
      This might seem like a bit of a silly question. I have a PDF I want to upload and make available to download from my flash website. I originally did this by uploading the file to '4share' but my employer did not like it saying it was a bit confusing and full of adverts. If I upload the PDF with the rest of my site to the remote folder how do I connect a button in the website to automatically start a download of the file? Should I have the file in an html document, or is it a simple case of getURL on the desired button? If so, what do I need to do to the PDF before the link will work correctly.

Many Thanks

JG
        • 1. Re: download a document from  flash movie
          Level 7
          jollygrizzly wrote:
          > This might seem like a bit of a silly question. I have a PDF I want to upload
          > and make available to download from my flash website. I originally did this by
          > uploading the file to '4share' but my employer did not like it saying it was a
          > bit confusing and full of adverts. If I upload the PDF with the rest of my
          > site to the remote folder how do I connect a button in the website to
          > automatically start a download of the file? Should I have the file in an html
          > document, or is it a simple case of getURL on the desired button? If so, what
          > do I need to do to the PDF before the link will work correctly.
          >

getURL action and instead of URL, path to your file on sever.
          Depends on user end, if the browser has DPF plugin, the file will
          automatically open so if you want to force download, zip that file.
          ZIP always prompt download dialog.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--
          "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: download a document from  flash movie
            jollygrizzly Level 1
            Got it working thanks. Great advice.