• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't print larger than Tabloid (11x17)

New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't print images bigger than 11x17 - or more precisely, i can only print on media up to but not including 12x18(ARCH B).  No poster sizes, custom or preset sizes.  for instance, when i try to create a 24x36 (ARCH D) poster, and print it from photoshop, the print dialogue resizes the media to 8.5x11. Anything ARCH B (12x18) or larger, and photoshop defaults to 8.5x11.  11.5x17.5? Sure.  12x18? hold on there, fella.

What gives?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you set the paper size in  the printer setting correctly? What printer do you have it can it handle that size paper?

Here I set up for a 12" x 35" print

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice try, Mack:

broken-photoshop.jpg

Custom 24x36:

broken-photoshop2.jpg

Largest Custom Size i can force on photoshop (so far):

broken-photoshop3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Printer supports  that size paper. see if there is an newer device driver for it on HP web site.  My printer can only handle 17" wide roll paper I can set up payer  to something like 50 feet long.  Rolls can be 100 feet  but the diver limits you to something like a 50 foot print.  After you set the paper size the print driver should set it and Photoshop should see this and change the it  preview size. The driver may not set exactly what you set  there may be son restrictions like small border are unprinable  but what thhe printer softwasr sets should be close to what you specified.. 

When I reset my printer driver it does set the  paper to 8.5x11. I fine sometimes need to do that first so the setting I later set get set correctly.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, i've tried to go down those rabbit holes.  HP says the driver is fine. Illustrator, Acrobat and Vectorworks can use the printer just fine.  It seems to be an issue with photoshop.

The workaround right now is to print to PDF, then from Acrobat to the large format printer.  This isn't the worst thing, but it complicates the color output a little.  ie: printing out of PS =/= printing out of Acrobat.

This is just like the capacitive display issue - works with AWsketchbook and MSpaint and Gimp and Illustrator and Windows and everything else...but Photoshop can't handle it. and is making zero attempt to handle it... 'cause bleep me, right!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines