5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2009 9:51 AM by ntsiii

Turn off warnings in output?

john isaacks Level 1
      I am getting several 'unable to bind property' warnings in my output window when I run the project. This makes it very hard to find the trace statements I am setting.

Is there a way to make it NOT trace the warnings?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Turn off warnings in output?
          Level 7

"john isaacks" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gjg4ld$sk7$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am getting several 'unable to bind property' warnings in my output window
          > when I run the project. This makes it very hard to find the trace
          > statements I
          > am setting.
          >
          > Is there a way to make it NOT trace the warnings?

Aren't you getting compiler warnings on those as well? Maybe you can use
          the compiler warnings to find and fix the problem.

• 2. Re: Turn off warnings in output?
            Garyl Woolworth Level 1
            No bind warnings do not throw up on compile, only trace statements. As for getting rid of them I don't really know of a way to do that other then A) fixing the problem so it doesn't throw the warning which generally either means setting the [Bindable] tag in the right place or using object = new ObjectProxy(object);. The only other way which only works in a browser and FireFox is to use sephiroths FlashTracer which has a filter field on it, inside of that type "MyTrace" and everywhere inside of Flex that your tracing do trace("MyTrace" + whatever+it+is+your+tracing);
            • 3. Re: Turn off warnings in output?
              ntsiii Level 3
              Yeah, really, fix the warnings. If the app works despite the binding warnings, you should probably not be using binding for those values.

Tracy
              • 4. Re: Turn off warnings in output?
                Level 7

"ntsiii" <tspratt@lariatinc.com> wrote in message
                news:gjn4sv$ers$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Yeah, really, fix the warnings. If the app works despite the binding
                > warnings, you should probably not be using binding for those values.

Sometimes you have to use binding notation, even though you know that
                actually binding isn't necessary. It's something I find frustrating with
                MXML--some fields you can just put in the expression without using {} around
                it, in others, if you do that, you either get an error or the string you put
                in there will become the value, not its evaluated value.

• 5. Re: Turn off warnings in output?
                  ntsiii Level 3
                  One solution to this it to set the value inline using creationComplete:
                  <mx:Text id="txt1" creationComplete="txt1.text=myObj.myProperty" .../>
                  Tracy