Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch assembling images in different folders

May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(X-Post as I've been told this requires scripting)

Hello,

I have two folders with files named with numbers (from 0 to 400 or 500 something). The filenames are the same in each of the two folders. How can I automate the "assembly" of an image using the files with the same name?

Both 0.png and 0.png are 80x80, and I need to assemble them into one 80x160 file.

I know a bit about Batch but I don't know how to make it open a file with its same name from another folder or how to place it (I know how to increase canvas size).

To go over the desired outcome again:

- I have many files named after numbers in different folders.

- I need to open all the files (all 80x80) in one folder, and open the same file with the same filename (so 0.png opens 0.png in the other folder, 1.png opens 1.png...)

- Increase canvas size (this I can do with an Action, but I do not know how to insert it into a script either)

- Place the second file at a particular location (after the first 80x80 file, after the canvas has been enlarged to 80x160)

- Save to a third folder, with the same filename

Any help is welcome. Thank you.

I am currently taking a look at these threads:

Re: Batch sequence from 2 folders Re: (cross post) Batch of two folders in...

I think I can use the first thread to merge the files. Right now Im batch enlarging canvas size, so all are 80x160 (increasing size from opposite directions), so when they merge, both images are where they need to be. I will report as soon as I can.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes scripting Photoshop or writing a plugin designed to do that merge. That you add to Photoshop as a third party plug-in would be required.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having a hard time getting the script to work: Re: Batch sequence from 2 folders

Its letting me choose the folders, but does nothing afterwards. Is it for an older version of Photoshop or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, i am strugling with the exact same challenge over here. Did you find any solution? Or does someone have a tip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide a concise and clear description of the intended process and what gives you problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines