2 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2017 7:04 PM by rtk1958

Advice on new laptop video editing platform

rtk1958

Hi All,

It's finally time to migrate off my Vista laptop and upgrade to a new laptop with better editing capabilities.   With my old Vista laptop I could only edit SD resolution video, higher resolutions would not render smoothly from the timeline.

I currently have PE 7 but will be upgrading to PE 15 on the new laptop.  Would like to keep the laptop cost under $1500 (not including software) if possible.

I've been considering a "gaming" laptop such as an ASUS ROG (Republic Of Gamers) laptop that will have all/most of the latest bells and whistles: i7-7700AQ Quad core processor, 256GB SSD for running Windows 10, 16GB RAM, 7200RPM HDD w at least 250GB (I already have a 4TB 7200RPM external drive I can use), and an NVidia 1050 Ti graphics accelerator/GPU with 4GB of memory.

Any comments, suggestions, and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.    This new platform must edit and render in realtime on the timeline 1080P content with tons of effects, transitions, tracks, etc. etc. easily.

Thanks,

Todd