2 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2017 4:18 PM by Trevor.Dennis

Problem: I'm finding myself having to reset my settings file every time I open Photoshop because for some reason it'll choose to not click & drag

Andy_McG11

Hey Folks,

So as the title suggests, I'm having some real problems... I have to reset my settings file (ctrl + alt + Shift @ start) everytime I open Photoshop because it'll decide to just stop letting me click and drag.

It'll decide to to it at random points during a project to, forcing me to save & reset.

Has anyone come across this before? Is there a simple fix?

Specs: Dell XPS 15 (9500)

32GB Ram

GTX 960m

I7 6700HQ

Windows ver. 1703

Photoshop ver. 2017.1.1

I can't crop, adjust sliders, fine tune colours, move layers, select any submenus.

It's really starting to wind me up and I have no idea for a fix. I reset my settings file, I've uninstalled photoshop a couple of times and reinstalled with nothing working. I've only ever seen that 'synergy' is a cause of this problem, but I don't have that installed and never have.

The problem seems to happen when I click out of photoshop and click back in. When I reset everything is fine, but if I leave the application and return that's when it seems to start giving me problems.