1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 7, 2008 5:36 PM by ThemeKings

Problems with button starting my animation

Kapacs
      I have animated everything into the generic Scene 1. The animation starts with a box having multiple buttons and then the box breaks and something comes out of it. Now, I made the button on the box that I want to trigger the rest of the animation however I can not seem to get the actionscript correctly.

I double click on the button I want to trigger the rest and program in the following for the HIT function:

on (release) {
      gotoAndPlay("Scene 1", 2);
      }

So it should go back to Scene 1 (that has a stop action frame at the beginning and one at the end) and start from frame 2 until the following ending stop (). But it does not....
        • 1. Re: Problems with button starting my animation
          ThemeKings
          Try giving the frame in scene one, frame 1, a "Frame Label" name instead. (We'll use "start" to name this frame your referring to)

So instead of this:

on (release) {
          gotoAndPlay("Scene 1", 2);
          }

Try This:

on (release) {
          gotoAndPlay("start");
          }

But first, click on frame 1, scene one and in the lower left corner of the properties menu, inside FRAME LABLE, type the word "start"

Also, try to avoid using scenes as much as possible. Create movie clips (instances) and place them inside frames.