• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media server 5.0.14 maintenance update

New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a flash media server 5.0.0 and I would like to install the Media server 5.0.14 maintenance update. Is this update a cumulative update that includes all previous updates? Do I need to re-configure the server settings after the installation of the updated? Thank you for any help.

William Zhen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Yes.

And yes, because it's not upgrade, but reinstall actually. On windows, at least. You have to revert settings manually, including reinstall of authorization plug-in and users db.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

And yes, because it's not upgrade, but reinstall actually. On windows, at least. You have to revert settings manually, including reinstall of authorization plug-in and users db.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks vayvanne. I wonder if you have the instruction for the re-installation of media server such as baking up the configuration settings and re-applying the configuration settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any response on re-applying the configuration settings after the upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Re-install does backup of conf files actually, you can find dirs like conf_{date/time} in AMS folder, but I bother to do that by myself. And I restore changed settings manually, comparing new (default) configs with old ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines