• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

size increasing while I remove background...

New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to reduce 18 Mb file to 4 Mb or less. So far I got 4.2 Mb. I also decided to remove a background, but instead of decreasing the size of the file started to grow. What's that?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you presently creating the PDF and from which application?

You can use Adobe Acrobat DC to reduce the size of the PDF after you've created it:

1. Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat DC
  2. Click Tools tab, and locate Optimize PDF under the Pretext & Standardize category (You can also type 'Optimize' in the search field to quickly locate this toolset). Select Open from the menu.
    optimize1.png

3. Click Advanced Optimization in the Optimise PDF toolbar.
    optimize2.png
  4. To analyze which elements in the PDF have the biggest impact on the file size, click Audit space usage in the PDF Optimizer dialog box.
    optimize3.png
  5. Once you've take a note of the Audit Space Usage results. Click OK, and then select for example Images in the PDF Optimizer dialog box, and adjust the image settings, e.g. by reducing the resolution and compression level of the images.
    optimize4.png
  6. You can go through all the categories on the left, and adjust settings and eventually click OK and save the PDF that is optimised under a different name. (don't overwrite the original file, so you have an option to go back and try other settings).

One additional note:

If you work for a government agency and have created an Accessible PDF, please keep in mind that the additional tagging structure adds to the file size of the PDFs. Also when using the Optimizer ensure you don't remove any elements required for Accessibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the Save As command and save the file under a new name. It will trigger

an optimization process that should decrease the file-size, if possible.

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 12:28 AM, alexanders89992161 <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines