• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import from 2nd Catalog taking over 24 hours.. HELP!!?!?

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I have a situataion where I edit on one catalog on faster hard drives, and then import into a primary catalog.  I recently started this, but the import into the master is taking over 24 hours.    Any thoughts as to why it is taking so long or things I can do to improve it? 

I have already optimized both catalogs and both are working properly.   Both catalogs are on he same computer, work catalog on D and Archive/Master on E.

Thanks in advance!
Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if the speed differential between the two drives could be causing the problem. What do you feel you are accomplishing by working with the two different catalogs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jim - The D drive is a 512GB Solid State drive so I load all the images and my catalog there, then import it to a master catalog that is on a mirrored 6TB drive until I archive it online.  The performance boost on the solid state is HUGE.   But have never had this issue before.   So strange. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines